Using Your Niche To Build An Engaged Community With Gabby Beckford From PacksLight.com
Gabby Beckford, Gen Z travel entrepreneur and creator of PacksLight.com, shares her tips on how she has used and continues to use her niche to build a super-engaged community on social media.
Originally held on Saturday, August 22, 2020, at noon ET.
- Niching down to build relationships
- Importance of time invested
- How to provide value – knowledge, resources, experience
- 4:42 – What is a niche?
- 5:23 – Identifying Your Niche
- Here are some examples of very popular travel niches:
- luxury travel
- couples travel
- location-specific travel like African Africa travel, travel creators, Asia, specific travel creators, things like that
- budget travel
- outdoor adventure
- cruise travel
- Black travel
- 6:39 – Why is niching important?
- 9:43 – Can You Layer Your Niche?
- 11:23 – What About My Audience?
- 12:55 – How To Make Sure You’re Niching Down
- 15:41 – Examples
- 17:37 – It Will take Time
- 19:18 – Provide Nice Value
- 21:21 – Resources
22:07 – Q & A
- 23:30 – Can you combine the business aspect of blogging with your travel brand?
- 24:17 – Do you recommend the niche be specific to one area or can it be a range of areas?
- 25:43 – What are some good examples of other Black Content Creators who have niched down?
- 29:00 – Can you recommend any websites or articles to read about niches?
- 30:38 – Can you review the things you recommend to determine your niche?
- 34:15 – Are there any negatives to niching down, so you don’t limit your brand moving forward?
- 36:45 – Can you give 2 or 3 challenges you’ve had niching up?
- 38:37 – How do you maintain boundaries with your audience? How to be personable without oversharing?
- 40:25 – How did you build your audience?
- 42:10 – How do you stay consistent with postin about travel during COVID-19
- 44:08 – Beyond questions from your audience, how do you determine what to write about? Do you do keyword searches or do you use tools like Google Trends to figure out what to what’s of interest to Gen Z?
- 46:38 – Do you have any last words of wisdom to share today?